Canberra Runners Incorporated is committed to protecting your Personal Information. We are not covered by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cwth) but seek to follow the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in Schedule 1 of the Act. The APPs guide the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure, update and dispose of your personal information.
What is personal information and what do we collect?
Personal information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. It can also include images. We collect information including your name, date of birth, gender, email address, phone number/s, and emergency contact details.
We collect this information via your annual membership registration, when you enter events such as the Canberra Runners Half Marathon, and if you fill in a Single Event form if you are not a member.
Why we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information to:
- record your results correctly for any events you enter
- send emails about regular Association events and other one-off and major affiliated activities
- contact your emergency contact if you are injured and we need to contact someone on your behalf
- call you with a query or send a bulk SMS regarding an event cancellation
- meet our record-keeping obligations under the Association’s Constitution and the laws governing the operations of Associations in the Australian Capital Territory
- manage the organisation of volunteering lists for events.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will only disclose your personal information where you consent to its use or disclosure, and where we are required or authorised by law.
Where your personal information is stored
We collect personal registration information through third party suppliers (RevolutioniseSport after moving from Register Now), and we publish results information on the internet including through canberrarunner.com.au.
Security of Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the personal information we hold about you to update and/or correct it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Canberra Runners Incorporated, PO Box 173, Gungahlin, ACT 2912.
Deleting your personal information
We keep your contact details while you are still a financial member. If you do not renew your registration, we will delete your registration details. We do not destroy event results, which include the names and ages of members and race participants.
This policy may be updated from time to time with the latest version made available on our website.